Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday the 13th = mala suerte (bad luck)

So in the US, Friday the 13th is supposedly a day of bad luck (black cats, broken mirrors, etc).
Well here in Spain, it's Tuesday the 13th! They have a saying that goes like this "Martes 13, no te cases ni te embarques" which means "Tuesday the 13th, don't get married or board a ship"
Thought this was an interesting fact to share with ya'll

Also- I've been woken up the past two days in a row by petardos, loud firecrackers, at 7:30am.  This is another part of fallas- it's called La Despertá, which means wake up.  People parade through the streets around 7:30am throwing and lighting off petardos.  AKA no one sleeps

one more day of school, then Fallas will officially begin.  I cannot wait!!

Also-- my dad just informed me that my brother and sister will be joining him to visit me in May.  Life could not get any better  <3

Off to teach some English to Carlos, the 12 year old Spanish student.
Besos! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment