Friday, February 24, 2012

Museo del Artista Fallero

This morning I went to el Museo del Artista Fallero on the outskirts of Valencia with other students from my program.  After watching a very outdated video explaining Las Fallas, we were free to wander around the Museo and look at small fallas preserved from the burning of previous years.  There were no fotos allowed, but of course we took pictures anyway, so here are a few of my favs:

This looks incredibly real, still can't believe they're all made of wood, newspaper, styrofoam, paint, and other flammable materials
this shows the internal wooden structure for the large fallas
these figures are wearing the traditional Valencian clothing of Falleros 
After leaving the museum we walked around the surrounding streets and peeked into some of the talleres (workshops where the fallas are constructed).  This is the area of Valencia where Las Fallas originated. And as you can see, the talleres in the following picture are where some of the largest Fallas are made.  

This is the wooden frame of hair.  The model is on the lower right if you look closely.  For a sense of scale- note the men working on the lower right 
One of the arms of a large falla outside a taller waiting to dry 
(I had to make this one extra large to show the scale).  There's a man working on the left side, surrounded by other fallas.
Pues creo que ahora voy a intentar de blog en las dos idiomas, porque es como yo pienso.  Igual, creo que mejoraría mi español más (espero), y también voy a tener más practica traduciendo a fuera de mis clases.  Y si cometo algún error porfa no duden en corregirme ;)  Créenme que no voy a estar enfadada, al contrario lo voy a agradecer.
From now on I'm going to try to blog in both languages, because that's basically the way I think anyways.  I also think it will improve my spanish (I hope), and I'll also have more practice translating outside of my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment