Monday, April 30, 2012

End of April.. already??

Sooo where to begin?
I never really finished my post on the 2nd half of my spring break (Bratislava, Prague, & Vienna) which was a great experience with even greater people.  We tried the main famous foods (sausages, goulash, duck, potato pancakes, and the beer of course!) in each place.  It was discombobulating to be in a country and not be able to communicate if my life depended on it!  One of the more interesting things for me was to listen to the dialects and see the written language everywhere, from billboards to street signs.  Each city had it's own charm, and I am so grateful to have been able to experience them.
One of the things that I've improved this second semester abroad would definitely have to be my decision to travel more often (unplanned and lack of sleep aside, the experiences are what you'll remember), and to go out more and just experience Spain.

Prague:
Czech crowns

1/2 a duck, eaten at lunch by my friend Travis in a rustic little restaurant






"According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the Prague Castle is the largest coherent castle complex in the world"
Me, Susie, and Megan on the Charles Bridge with the castle in the background
Vienna was the perfect way to end the two hectic weeks of traveling, with my friend Susie's incredibly awesome aunt and uncle.  It was so refreshing to feel right at home and be able to relax with them and talk about anything over some beers.




Last weekend I took a trip with my boyfriend (yes, for all of you waiting for it hehe, good things come to those who wait =] ) to Dénia, a pueblo south of Valencia on the rocky ocean with mountains right behind.  We climbed the mountainside, down into caves on the water, and up a castle without stairs (ropes were the trick).

And now I have finals this week, and my family comes on Sunday.  Everyone's been saying this lately, but oh my, how fast the time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment