Friday, July 20, 2012

long distance relationships

So the distance is not ideal.  And I never considered myself one capable of maintaining a relationship with someone across the Atlantic Ocean, much less after only knowing him for two months.  But hey, the good ones are few and far between.  And if you think they're worth it, you'll give it a shot.  You've got to go where life takes you... (although right now I don't know where that will be after my graduation in December.. nope, not even which country I'll be in).

I applaud fellow long-distancers who managed to stay together in the olden days.  I honestly wouldn't be able to do it without skype.  We skype nearly every day and there's a constant flow of messages through facebook and email.  Oh how dependent we've become on technology.  Waiting weeks for snail mail? Now that's love and dedication.  Did I mention I'm impatient?

As for us? We'll see how it goes after his first visit to the US in T-minus three weeks, and take it from there.  Surprisingly this was his idea.  I was a bundle of emotions and stress before he suggested this calm and mature outlook on our relationship.  Of course, then my sister's reality check of the difficulty in obtaining a visa also helped me to understand the unclear status of our future.  But that's just one of the many reasons I love her, she always tells me the ugly truth that I fail to see.  The epitome of tough love =)

In the meantime, I'm counting down the days till I pick him up from the airport.  Although these summer classes are really helping to pass the time.  Modern Political Philosophy, anyone?  Oh yeah, it's as fun as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment