Friday, December 16, 2011

Finally finished with finals yesterday and it felt amazing!

Last night my school had a graduation ceremony that was actually really adorable.  A lot of my classmates read poems and their translations of them into English, as well as their reflections on the semester and experience in Spain.  I've never been part of such a close, helpful school environment before, and am very grateful to be able to return to this in a month and start my new classes.

Tonight is my last night in Valencia with my friends, I really cannot believe how fast those 3 and a half months flew by!  I have made some really amazing friendships and am genuinely going to miss walking to school and seeing them every day between & during classes.  We all helped each other out through this experience and learned a lot from one another.
With that said, I am getting a bit nervous for 2nd semester.  I know it won't be the same at all with a whole group of double the size of students.  However, I am eager to meet all of them and excited for what the spring semester will bring (with Las Fallas- the Valencian weeklong holiday, my 22nd birthday, La Semana Santa- a weeklong celebration before Easter, new trips included in my program, and experiencing new weather, meeting new people, and continue to experience new things in Spain.)

I've been putting off packing long enough.  Even though I already took a carry-on suitcase and a very full duffle bag to my school to leave until my return in January, I am still not sure if I will be able to close my big suitcase.  Wish me luck!

Tomorrow I will take 3 flights, lose 6 hours, and have to say goodbye (for now) to a lot of my close friends.  But that's alright with me, because I am really looking forward to lounging around with my family in front of a big fire in our fireplace.

See you all soon

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment