Tuesday, December 13, 2011

finals weekkkk

Hola todos!


just a quick update para vosotros (for you all) because I'm currently in the middle of my finals week, aka cramming and studying and finishing the last 4 pages of my paper-- basically all at once
(hence the very fitting nickname my family gave me a couple weeks ago: Last Minute Meghan)
haha but no worries, I am even more motivated now because I'm pretty sure I've figured out what I want to do in the future and feel relieved but am even more inspired to do well in school.  (& decided I definitely want to go to grad school-- international business maybe?)


just finished my translation internship at the University of Valencia.  My supervisor even gave me a letter of recommendation on my way out.  This will be very helpful as I try to volunteer at the US Consulate 2nd semester, as well as in general for proof of my Spanish/English proficiency.


ummm, ¿Qué más?
Done with my composition class (turned in 2 final papers yesterday)
&
Done with my business spanish class (took the extremely detailed exam this morning)


and now to study for my remaining 2 finals and finish my history paper.


also-- spent last week in Italy with 2 of my really good friends that I've made on this trip, we had an amazing time.  I am so thankful for my amazing father and also for my "uncle" Franco, whose secretary basically planned out half of our trip- including a tour of Milan.
I am so happy that I have been able to make such great friends this semester and share such rich experiences with them.
Also- thanks to Franco I met a lot of people that work at his company and had a fun time bonding with them.  They also gave me insight about what work was like, etc., which was nice for me because it has helped me to further sort out my thoughts about a future career


While in Rome I remembered something my dad always says- that when he's there he just feels at home and as if he knows the city.  This trip being my 2nd or 3rd time back I felt the exact same way, I led my friends through a maize of winding side streets and somehow we always ended up at our destinations (the Parthenon, Piazza Navona, the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, and other hidden treasures).  Needless to say I surprised them, and definitely myself.


Alright, before I get back to studying I'll leave you all with some pics
(and I guess this entry wasn't as short as I had intended, got a little carried away haha)



P.S. I leave for the US in 4 days!!!  

I really cannot believe how fast the months flew by!  Many of the students in my program are very ready to go home and are counting down the minutes, but I am really going to miss everything-- luckily only for a month though.  
I am going to get the most out of my last couple of days, and really can't wait to return for the 2nd semester!!!!  (Thanks a million dad!!)
don't get me wrong though, it will be incredible to be in the comfort of my own home with my family (as well as to have a car, the freedom to blast my music, run around, do whatever I want), but I feel so much more happy here in Valencia  ((minus the obvious fact of being far from my family and a few friends)), but I am really growing as a person here, in every way- mentally, emotionally, and especially academically.

Ok, enough rambling on for me, here are some pics!



exploring Roma at night

My favorite: the Wedding Cake, in the middle of the Piazza Venezia

Us atop the red tour bus (one of my dreams come true!) in front of the Vatican


Romans get festive too

The Wedding Cake at night!!

These lights were so awesome, they went on for almost a mile!!

xo 






1 comment:

  1. Those lights ARE awesome!! And that leather jacket is great. Thanks for posting pictures! Can't wait to see you when you get home!!

    ReplyDelete