Friday, January 20, 2012

Holaaaa
had an amazing first 2 days of classes, love love love my school y mis profesores (their enthusiasm and passion for the topics really makes the classes incredible, it makes waking up for those 9ams worthwhile).

Last night met up with some of my friends for the Valencia vs. Levante fútbol game.  This was a great first game to go to because Valencia and Levante are the 2 big teams of Valencia, and therefore there is a huge rivalry.  The atmosphere of the game was a great one to start off with, although I've come to learn that almost all Valencian soccer fans are die-hard fans, so any game can be exciting.
As my professor Jesus (hey-zeus!) explained today, there may be crisis and unemployment all throughout Spain, but when Sunday rolls around, it's all fútbol and it's all good.  (said in his raspy voice due to his over excessive yelling at the aforementioned game).

View from the stadium of the city below. (I live one street over on the left)


My friends and I sat in the nosebleed seats.  If you look to the left for reference, the very top section, maybe 3 rows down.  It gets very windy so high up at night, but the view is great

Insane fan section of Valencia.  (I couldn't make out most of their cheers because I assume they were in Valenciano- the native mix of spanish and french, but I am sure one of them contained the phrase "hijo de puta"... bad words in English)

my beautiful view this morning

Mañana= free trip through my school to Xátiva, a beautiful ancient town with a medieval castle atop the central mountain.   



No comments:

Post a Comment