Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Orientation went really well, it was great to talk to all the professors and actually understand the presentations in Spanish the 2nd time around.  (it was a bit overwhelming coming straight in from the US to a 4 hour-long presentation in slurred Spain spanish 5 months ago)
Double the # of students = double the amount of fun (!!) (??) vamos a ver, we will see

Meanwhile, already attempting to plan my trips so I don't miss out on any time.  I don't want to make the mistake of 1st semester and not travel around Spain as much as I would have liked to.  My dream destinations: Cádiz, Málaga, Santander, Galicia, Cordoba, Granada, and Toledo- a weekend trip through my school. (& San Sebastian with my dad and sister --& hopefully brother-- after my finals week)

Then during my 2-week break in April: to the rest of Europe: Prague, the Netherlands, Germany, meet up with my familia in Paris, and hopefully head to Belgium with my sister for a day.

I know these plans are over the top, but why not shoot for the stars & then see all that I can accomplish.  As my professor says, take advantage of this time, no vais a ser más guapos ni más jovenes que ahora, aprovéchadlo [vosotros], you won't be more good-looking or younger than now, take advantage of [this opportunity]!!
si señor! (have I mentioned lately that I love their mentality?)

also- there's a business class offered this semester that I wasn't expecting, but am way too excited about: Business practices in the spanish-speaking world.  yes, please!

in other news: I think my madre has successfully raised my blood pressure from it's abnormally low level.  Her trick: generously sprinkling handfuls of salt on my salads.  delish

2 comments:

  1. Travel as much as you can, because you won't be able to do it again! Until you're married and have like 15 beautiful half-latino babies with names I can't pronounce. And it'll be hard getting deals on hotel rooms for all those babies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajajajaja but you will be able to prounounce their names, because your spanish will be great by then ;))
    xoxo miss you!!

    ReplyDelete