Monday, January 16, 2012

Valen(th)ia!

Finally made it to my new home in Valencia for the next 4 months.  I have one of the most doting and energetic host madres ever.  She seems like a really great person and I look forward to getting to know her better.

I lucked out on the plane and had an empty seat next to me.  I tried very hard to curl up in an uncomfortable ball and sleep, but only managed a measly 2.5 hours, and got 30 more minutes on the AVE speed train from Madrid to lovely Valencia (home sweet home).
therefore, Meghan is
Jet
   L
    a
     gg
        e

                  d.


I LOVE BEING HERE!
no, my feelings have not changed a bit.  
I am so happy to hear real authentic Valencian Spanish and to listen to the spanish accent and lisp, although I have to re-train my ear after hearing strong central and southern-American accents for the last couple of weeks.

Orientation starts tomorrow morning at 9:30, and although it's not mandatory for me as a returning student (1 of 2!), I want to go to meet everyone and see all of the staff and professors again.  I can't wait for classes to start!
Speaking of which, I met with 2 counselors at MSU before I left and got all of my credits figured out.  I will be graduating in December 2012!! =D

I'm trying hard to stay awake for my first meal of spa-ghe-tteees
and just finished unpacking my 2 suitcases.
Yes, I'm guilty.  I overpacked once again.
Really need to work on this downsizing thing.
That's one of my new New Year's Resolutions, starting now

P.S. 
extreme upgrade from last semester:
-I have my own bathroom that includes drawers to put my belongings in!
-I have a closet
-My room has a window that looks out at the city instead of a 3x3 cement opening
-I have shelves in my room!


4 comments:

  1. I am definitely planning on that =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room seriously sounds like an upgrade. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey crazy, I'm keeping track of my vegan meals! But on a new blog, so I don't alienate my medical followers. Yes, I think of things like this. http://onbeingvegan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete