Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day (Día de San Valentin!)



& I thought Valentine's Days were depressing...

So after going for a morning run (trying not to let the fact that I'm single get in my way on a day of love-- hey, I have a great familia and amigos!) and after turning in my application for the Mortar Board National College Honor Society, I hurried off to my Translation class as I would any other Tuesday.
On my way home I stopped in a flower shop and bought a bouquet of flowers for my host-madre and printed out a copy of a paper that we had a ball writing together (we got an A!) to give to her as a present.

Upon arriving home I opened the door to my room to find a large box on my desk.  Inside were 5 dozen roses!

I have never seen so many roses together before.  I have to admit this day turned out 1000 times better than I thought it would =)

Aaand my madre just came home with chocolate for me. Yup, definitely the best day of the year so far

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Who were the roses from? Your madre? That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no they're from someone from the US.
      I know I love my madre, I'm trying to stop myself from devouring all the chocolate =P

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete