Saturday, October 1, 2011

American study sesh

My friends Jackie, Kendra, Brooke and I are currently studying in an ice cream shop!  We came to get our work done around 3:30, which was coincidentally during siesta, meaning that 95% of cafes, businesses, and shops were all closed.  Luckily we stumbled upon a great little ice cream store that has wifi and sells pizza, beer, and horchata!

Anywho, in between helping each other with translations, and writing our papers and projects, Kendra suggested a song for me to play as part of my presentation on flamenco for my cultural conversations class.  I love the rhythms, clapping, and lyrics of flamenco songs.  This one is much different than the flamenco performance I saw in Seville, but I figured I'd post the link on here so all of you can listen. [the flamenco in Sevilla was more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPhCIKFkfg4 <-- skip to 1 minute and watch from there]
 (if you want to translate the lyrics there are many sites online with it already translated into English, just google it :)
Well here it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSsSDvjMKnk&feature=related


One of my other projects I'm working on is for my business spanish class, in which all of the students are writing about different hispanic countries and main facts about them/ their customs/ attitudes about time, technology, communication, economy, etc.  Sounds like fun huh?  Actually I'm enjoying mine because I chose Perú, which is a country I've already had the pleasure of visiting so I have a little more knowledge about some of the large cities, tourism, etc.

Alright well I guess I should get back to my reading now but just wanted to leave you all with this song.  (I suggest you just search "flamenco" on youtube and you'll probably come across some pretty cool vids)

Plans for later tonight-- grab dinner by the City of Arts and Sciences with a large group of students from my group and then see where the night takes me.

Hasta luego,
besos!

1 comment: